Monday, October 1, 2012

Thing #9 Having Fun with Generators

     
    
THNG #9

http://www.txt2pic.com/USA/license-plate/tn_tennessee.htm

Using these things in the classroom can be a lot of fun. You can definitely get away from routine with something like this to do a creative activity. I used Image chef to and I chose this website where it scrambles all the word you type in into an image, I think you can use that in a history when class talking about a famous person, or have the kids make one as a project. However, I could not save the image into my computer, so I could not upload it. I am sure there is a way, but just could not figure it out. Those things a lot of fun and can get addicting.

The second generator I used was the custom sign generator and that was a lot of fun as well. I cannot think of a way to incorporate something like this into the classroom though. Maybe the students could use something like this to create a sign and put it into a PowerPoint along with the rest of their assignment. I think this type custom sign generator would be more useful in elementary education, having the kids learn new vocabulary with something like this can be fun. I have to admit I really enjoyed this activity, it is my favorite so far. That is all for this post, please feel free to leave your comments down in the comments section.




http://www.dangersigngenerator.com/

1 comment:

  1. I like the applications you chose. The word scramble could be a good way to differentiate instruction and help students to memorize vocabulary or key ideas as a way to better review/prepare for a test. And the custom sign generator would be great for student presentations on a key concept or idea. Great insight and ideas, Daniel!

    ReplyDelete