Sunday, September 2, 2012

THing #1

     Habit 7 1/2 is the easiest one for me. When you play you have fun, and while you have fun you learn. I have had teachers and professors that made their classes so fun and interesting that in the process you did not even know you were learning. I think that having that classroom atmosphere and the teacher possessing that charisma, that personality, and the intelligence of making something fun when it might otherwise not be, makes for an effective teacher. The great thing about all of that is that you can learn to be a fun teacher, practice makes perfect. Teachers can be a positive influence to others.
     The hardest habit for me , is number 6. There is no doubt that having technology at your disposal can be a very important tool for learning. In fact it is almost imperative to have technology now days. However, sometimes the different types of hardware and software can be a bit intimidating. Sometimes it seems like if technology was not very user friendly. I know I was born in the Internet era with computers, smart phones, smart boards, and tablets, but sometimes getting the hang of all the new and innovative products out there is what makes intimidating. Nonetheless, having those resources and learning how to use them can really boost the learning experience. We have to adapt to all this things, because we can only keep moving forward.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderfully said. I agree that technology can be very hard to keep up with. There are times when I even forget how helpful technology can be because there is so much out there. Sometimes I just do not think about a particular program that could make a job ten times easier. I am overjoyed to know that I am not the only one who has trouble with technology though I suppose that is probably the main reason we are taking a class that is specifically related to one of the most helpful and terrifying tools teachers have at their fingertips... technology. Thank you for the post. It was helpful to read about why some things can be difficult and helpful at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe the habit of playing or enjoyment will be a great tool when you become a teacher. I feel that the most important trait for a teacher to have is to make the class exciting so they retain more information.

    ReplyDelete